Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cabin escape...


Thursday evening Andrew and I spontaneously decided we were in need of a weekend getaway. So we quickly searched online and found a cozy rustic cabin in Blue Ridge to reserve and venture out to for the weekend.

We had a blast. I left all my make-up, hair products, jewelry and stylish clothes at home AND we decided to cut out social media and put our phones on airplane mode for the weekend.

It was such a sweet escape to enjoy quality time together and God's beautiful creation. 

Our cabin was right along a river...I LOVE the sound of natural flowing water. In our world today, especially living in a city in western culture...we are constantly distracted and overwhelmed with overstimulation.

Getting away like this, shutting out our phones and turning up the sound of nature was so good for the nourishment of the soul. It reminded me how important meditation time, free of distraction truly is.  


I highly recommend mini sabbatical's like this, whether with your family or by yourself. Turning off your phone, unplugging, and unwinding in an environment where nature is free and screams out beauty is so good for the soul! 


1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. I definitely need it. :) sounds like you and the hubby had a wonderful time... Looks like Dakota loved it too.

    ReplyDelete