Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Taco Ring Recipe

An easy meal that's always a hit...


Preface: I don't measure anything when I cook...so sorry ahead of time for not having exact measurements...make your best guess and follow your taste buds! ;)

What you need:
  • 1 can of crescent rolls (I like to get the big crecen rolls) 
  • 8-10 chicken tenders or 4-6 chicken breasts
  • shredded yellow cheese
  • cream cheese and/or yogurt ranch dressing (I like to mix the cream cheese and yogurt ranch but either work)
  • cilantro
  • lime juice
  • mild taco sauce (I like to buy whatever sauce I can find in the authentic/latin food isle)
Let's get cooking: 
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • cook chicken (I like to boil it in a pot, adding in cilantro and lime for seasoning for it to simmer in)
  • rub olive oil on bottom of pan or pizza stone (to prevent sticking)
  • lay individual triangle crescent roll pieces in the shape of a star on the pan (making a circle in them middle.) Overlap them and slightly kneed them together. 
  • in a bowl mix the cream cheese and ranch (and if you really want to spice it up..sometimes I will mix some boursin cheese in there..if I have it on hand)
  • once the chicken is all cooked cut it into little pieces with scissors or shred it and toss it in the mixing bowl you just prepped.
  • After chicken mixture is prepared and at the right creaminess for you, spread it around the circle of the crescent rolls that are overlapping. 
  • Next drizzle the chicken with the mild taco sauce and a hint of lime juice
  • sprinkle shredded cheese around the top of the chicken
  • take the ends/points of the crescent rolls and roll them towards the center covering the mound of chicken and cheese
  • tuck the ends of the crescent roll into the inner ring 
  • place in the oven and bake until golden and barely brown on the edges (I would guess 15 or so minutes)
Then your Taco Ring dinner is ready to be served... (should feed 2-3).... also great served with Guacamole to dip in! 

Bon appetite!
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing! I will have to try my hand at it.

    ReplyDelete