Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Do I think about what I'm thinking about....

Currently Reading: Battlefield of the Mind...by Joyce Meyers...

"For many years of my life I didn't think about what I was thinking about. I simply thought whatever fell into my head. I had no revelation that Satan could inject thoughts into my mind.."

Challenge --> am I intentional to think about what I am thinking about? Wow...good stuff! This book has been a great reminder to take captive all thoughts, and to constantly be aware of what thoughts are going on in my head. Our thoughts affect our attitude and our mood, which ultimately affect our happiness. We have the power to take charge and control and choose/change our thoughts so that they are in line with what the Holy spirit is doing..working through the Word of God to bring victory into our lives.

Our circumstances, actions of others, and things out of our control should not steal our joy and happiness..but our thoughts ultimately have the power to control our happiness and satisfaction.

The scriptures instruct us to think on good things that build us up..it's so easy to let negative thinking, disruptive false thoughts and lies, or worry and anxiety creep in...but it is my responsibility to be aware of that and to not let that detour me. But to take control of all my thoughts, so that I think on Godly, positive, good and true things.

Challenge for 2013: Know and control what I am thinking about...to think more positively no matter the situation or how I feel and to think about good things that glorify God.


Romans 12:2- "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-- his good, pleasing and perfect will. "


No comments:

Post a Comment