Monday, February 25, 2013

Eat like a Cave Man..

This week Andrew and I decided to try the Paleo diet. Just for a week. A lot of our friends from church have switched to a paleo life style and just rave about it. We like to say we will try anything once..so here we go!
Paleo is also referred to as the Cave Man diet or Hunter-Gather diet. In this diet one eats pretty much only veggies, fruits and meats. No grains, no starches, no dairy, no beans and no processed foods. All natural.  Which if you know me, and how much I love cheese, and bread and chips and dip..you know how hard this must be for me...which makes it even better for practicing the skill of discipline.

We don't necessarily agree with the diet 100%. I'm never quite sure how I feel about cutting out entirely some of the major food groups...but it will be interesting to see how I feel and how I have adjusted after a week.

So far today I have been REALLY hungry. I feel like I am eating more because I am not filling up on starches and grains. It also has been hard..I have been craving cheez-its or chips and queso. But I've made it through the first day.

Here's to the journey of trying knew things and practicing discipline...

No comments:

Post a Comment